“As part of the healing process, please talk about how you processed the events of Ferguson.”
No past tense here yet. Definitely still processing living in a world where this shit happens routinely.
Here’s my typical routine, though:
– learn of atrocious event
– turn inward, grapple with initial shock, find time as soon as possible to just feel this terrible sadness
– turn outward, devour and share whatever quality media comes my way
– feel overwhelmed and turn back in
– stumble across new info or insight and turn back out
– perhaps eventually work my way toward expression in words or music
… And repeat as long as necessary.